Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Winemaking 101



My knowledge of wine is less than 0 as my wife knows far more about this arcane craft than I though I like dry reds better than dry whites, which compromises my depth of understanding of a discipline that's been around for thousands of years.

The reason for this blurb is the fact Alex Halberstadt knows how to write. Fluid, direct and passionate, yours truly came away impressed with his take on a fanatical wine making genius by the name of Maggie Harrison in his NYTimes piece titled Maggie Harrison's War on Wine. 





You gotta love the name of her pinot noir, my favorite wine to drink without question. :)


One reason as to why she's so good at what she does ...



Read Halberstadt's article in it's entirety to learn why wine and Harrison matters. :)

No comments: