Monday, March 06, 2023

The fix was in ...



Nam was first, you know, the fubar based on a lie. Iraq, also based on a lie, followed up with new tech, new rationale but the same result with soldiers and civilians dying and a nation destroyed but the MIC made billions and none of the perps ever went to jail.


In his 2019 memoir, Call Sign Chaos, Mattis recounts sitting down to discuss the future of Fallujah with local notables enlisted to guarantee its security. One of the sheikhs, evidently frustrated, “demanded” to know when the Americans would leave. Mattis replied that he had bought property on the Euphrates River, where he would “marry one of your daughters and retire there.” Then he warned the Iraqis: “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”

This sums up the Iraq CF in a nutshell with trillions pissed away and lives and a country lost and ... no one in charge, like Nam, was ever held accountable. Read the entire Rolling Stone piece and weep to learn why Iraq was a con and we, the American people, are still on the hook for this unmitigated disaster. 


No comments: