Monday, February 20, 2023

I don't know ...



I don't know, can you tell me what it means? I can honestly say I do this all the time. Interestingly enough, the true creative giants of the world say this also. Think Einstein and "Question everything" as a start point to seeing why I don't know resonates without question.

The other thing most enlightening is the fact people liked to be asked, another notion not readily expressed in the uptight and frantic world in which we all live.

To whit ...

Ignorance may be bliss, but saying “I don’t know” out loud is often hard to do. It can be especially difficult if you’re in a position of leadership and your team comes to you for answers. However, saying “I don’t know” can actually be empowering if you reframe the concept, says Lizette Warner, author of Power, Poise, and Presence: A New Approach to Authentic Leadership.

“Any statement that starts with ‘I don’t know’ means that you’re open to knowing and it leads to discovery,” she says. ‘I don’t know’ is the first path to wisdom. It’s what leads to innovation.”

This is not a big deal yet it is as possibility is the watchword here. Creativity is the art of asking questions and saying I don't know. The key here is, "but I'll find out", something Einstein did without question. :)

No comments: