Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Photosynth Writ Large

Remix, the 2007 BRT blurb about Photosynth, Microsoft's very cool 3D stitcher of photos, now has a big brother, PhotoCity, courtesy of Cornell and the University of Washington, the originating sources of the tech used to create the MS application.

"Computer science researchers at the University of Washington and Cornell University are deploying a system that will blend teamwork and collaboration with powerful graphics algorithms to create three-dimensional renderings of buildings, neighborhoods and potentially even entire cities."


PhotoCity's "quest is to reconstruct the world in 3D models out of pictures with your help!" could definitely come to pass if they can get the images needed to make it happen. With our input, it will.

I signed up, what the hell, I take photos all the time and the game looks like fun. Who knows, maybe their tech will help me become a better photographer as I need all the help I can get. :)

No comments: